My international experienceJanuary 21, 2019
It was the time of my lifeJanuary 21, 2019
Name: Kent Presthi
Degree: Bachelor’s in Social Work
Internship period: 01.02.2016 – 30.06.2016
I was attending NZ the 28 of January 2016, and was picked up at the airport of two other students. We drove to the place where I was going to live during my internship in NZ. Everyone was nice and very helpful. After a few days I started to work in a residential house in Papatoetoe. Instead of writing a resume of my time in NZ I will highlight some of all the good things during my stay in NZ.
Highlights from my internship:
- High quality of supervision (every Friday – Mia brought snacks and drinks, so the atmosphere was nice. Before every supervision we chose a professional and relevant topic to discuss.
- You could get in touch with Mia 24/7. She was always available – whether it was professional or private affairs.
- Everything was well planned – ex. housing, work, education etc.
- I had a big influence during my internship with regards to my work schedule, focus of my learning etc.
- Everyone was nice and understanding at the residential house
- My ability to plan work so there was time to enjoy NZ
- The chance to be a part of another culture
- Socializing with people from another culture
- When you do an internship in NZ – you become a part of NZ, and NZ become a part of you
My internship has made a big impression and will always be in my mind and heart. I enjoyed it a lot, and often I think back of the good times in NZ. I miss these times.
A part of me will always be a kiwi. ?